Re: EOG in Fullscreen Shows Top & Bottom Gnome Classic Panels After Ubuntu 12.04 Upgrade

Hi. Yes, it seems to be a Compiz issue (just like my other bug report on EOG windows automatically resizing the height to span from top panel to bottom panel). At first, I thought the panels were appearing over the fullscreen image, but actually from the 2nd image onwards, "fullscreen" is just the area between panels. Once again, only EOG seems to have a problem with Compiz, as other apps in fullscreen are fine.

As I said in the other bug report, I'll see if I can isolate the offending plugin later, but I really don't have much more enabled than the default basics, like Wobbly Windows and the Cube. But I did have to enable Place Windows after the 12.04 upgrade, as everything opened at the top-left with titlebars hidden under the top panel (but I'm thinking that's not related).

At least if I want to do a fullscreen slideshow without the distracting panels, I can just revert back to Metacity for the time being. Cheers. Frank

this sounds like a problem with the window manager. Please see if this
also happens when Compiz is disabled. I cannot reproduce this with a
standard GNOME 3 Fallback (using Metacity I think).

Felix