Re: Is there any way to "save all"?

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 2:09 AM, Felix Riemann <friemann gnome org> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 20.12.2012, 12:48 +1100 schrieb Tim Cuthbertson:
>> I often use EOG to rotate photos within a large collection. When I
>> close the eog window, it offers to save all the files I rotated (this
>> is good). But is there any way to trigger this ahead of time? I don't
>> consider eog crashy but I am a little paranoid[0], so I find myself
>> closing it and then reopening (which then takes a while to find where
>> I was up to) just so I don't lose the work I've done.
>
> Now that you mention it, there seems to be no menu entry to accomplish
> that. But generally it should work if do a Ctrl+A on the collection view
> (selecting all images) and then issuing the save command (either via
> menu, toolbar or keyboard shortcut).
>
> Not sure right now whether we should also add the "Save All" menu entry.
>
> Regards,
>
> Felix

Thanks Felix,

I tried your suggestion, but it doesn't work (at least in 3.4.3). When
multiple items are selected in the thumbnail bar, the "Save" menu
option is greyed out (and Ctrl+s does nothing). But even if saving
multiple selected images did work, I think it would be more
discoverable to add a "Save all" menu entry under the File menu.

Cheers,
 - Tim.