Is there any way to "save all"?

I often use EOG to rotate photos within a large collection. When I
close the eog window, it offers to save all the files I rotated (this
is good). But is there any way to trigger this ahead of time? I don't
consider eog crashy but I am a little paranoid[0], so I find myself
closing it and then reopening (which then takes a while to find where
I was up to) just so I don't lose the work I've done.

Cheers,
 - Tim.

[0]: I also use gthumb a lot and it crashes frequently, so perhaps it
is to blame for my paranoia...