Re: Resolution of bugs #546504, #321603

Am Samstag, den 12.11.2011, 09:49 +0100 schrieb Deskblue Software -
Javier Sánchez:
> Hi, guys!

Hi,

> This week I have been thinking about the following bugs and I want to
> share some question with you:
>
> Bug #546504 - Cutter Backend
> Some time ago I was talking with Lucas Rocha about this bug. He told me
> that we can implement an abstract class called EogView that defines (and
> in some cases implement) the API for image viewing. This way we can
> replace the concrete class with any engine (EogScrollView,
> EogClutterView, ...) I think that it's a very good solution, but we
> should define the new API before implement it.

Agreed, IIRC one point that wasn't decided when Claudio originally
implemented it, was if only the image view should be part of that
interface or if it should also include other widgets like the scrollbars
and the image collection panel. Also, there were some parts that
shouldn't really be public/external (like showing/hiding the cursor in
fullscreen).

> Bug #321603 - Preload prev and next files
> In this case I think that a good solution would be to implement a
> backend component to do all the work of loading, saving. This requires a
> lot of changes and we can define an API for this component, but we can
> all loading and saving stuff in a single component. In addition this
> component can acts as model for the actual EogThumbview.

And this part has become a separate thread already. :)

Felix