Enhancement suggestion - image pre-load functionality

Hello,
I'm not a regular user of mailing lists, so I hope this is the appropriate address to send my note to.

I just loaded Linux on mini-computer connected to my TV, and used the EOG image viewer to display photos to some friends.  Everything worked great, except the lag when pressing the [Next] button to advance to the next photo.  Some googling and scanning archives of this mailing list indicate that this issue has been raised in the past, and identified as 'caching'.  I totally agree that this is not a bug.  One previous argument to NOT implement some sort of image pre-load, or caching, was because users may not want to spare the memory.  In the age of multi-GB machines, I don't think this is a serious argument anymore.

Is there a forum to discuss and track the evolution of this great utility?  I was a C programmer in a previous life, and am willing to participate in creating my above suggestion.  What I do not know is how to get involved in the lifecycle of EOG.

Best Regards,
Mike