Re: GNOME User Groups

On Mon, Aug 13, 2018 at 4:21 AM Michael Hall <mhall gnome org> wrote:
Hello Engagement Team,

Hi,

With the next release of GNOME fast approaching, I wanted to extend an
invitation to use https://gettogeter.community/ as a way to grow the
local GNOME communities around the world, and bring them together to
celebrate the release.

(Careful, there was a typo here: it’s https://gettogether.community/ with an h)

Looks good. I guess the plan would be to use this instead of the usual
wiki pages. In that case, a bit of wiki gardening to reflect that
direction would be a good idea.

The privacy policy mentions possible collection of identifying data,
but nothing about being able to get them erased. I *think* the website
is not compliant with GDPR. What do you reckon?

GetTogether is a free and open source group event hosting platform that
was written with GNOME in mind, based on BoFs from GUADEC 2017. The
instance on https://gettogether.community/ is free for anybody to use,
and making it available to GNOME is my way of giving back to the project.

I am thankful for that! I want to encourage people around me to use
it, but lack of localization is an issue. Is it on your roadmap?

The service also looks like something the GNOME Foundation could more
actively support. Even if it’s not GNOME branded (and I think it
should remain so), it helps us with our mission. If the cost of
running that service starts to be a problem for you, consider reaching
out to the board of directors about it.

Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker