GNOME User Groups

Hello Engagement Team,

With the next release of GNOME fast approaching, I wanted to extend an
invitation to use https://gettogeter.community/ as a way to grow the
local GNOME communities around the world, and bring them together to
celebrate the release.

I have setup an Organization for GNOME so we can group all regional
teams together to show their activity and to participate together in
shared events. Here new teams can be created under the GNOME umbrella,
or existing teams can be invited to join.

https://gettogether.community/org/gnome/

I am currently the owner of this Organization, but would be happy to
transfer that ownership to anybody in the Engagement team who wants to
take over maintaining it. I hope that it can be promoted as an option
for GNOME teams to use to host and promote their in-person events, and
grow our on the ground engagement efforts around the world.

GetTogether is a free and open source group event hosting platform that
was written with GNOME in mind, based on BoFs from GUADEC 2017. The
instance on https://gettogether.community/ is free for anybody to use,
and making it available to GNOME is my way of giving back to the project.

--
Michael Hall
mhall gnome org