Re: GUADEC 2007 videos

On Sat, 2017-12-16 at 10:22 +0100, Alexandre Franke wrote:
On Sat, Dec 16, 2017 at 1:17 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
wrote:
Hey,

Bonjour !

Reviving the thread.

Good idea.

I still have a couple of videos that seem to have been stuck in my
YouTube account for one reason or another:
https://youtu.be/YYvdxUEfFYA
https://youtu.be/-6bcKbCnzE8
https://youtu.be/xyYC3r3sUoU

Can you download and reupload those as well?

Yeah, we can do that. I got access to our account as well in the
meantime, so I’ll give a hand. Do you know if I can get a better
format than what I’d get from whatever youtube-dl will give as
“best”?
I.e. if you login to your channel, do you have access to a better,
non
reencoded version?

I'm afraid not. Most of those were migrated from Google Video to
YouTube, losing their original OGV format.

The "Download as MP4" contextual menu item will download files that are
about 100 megs in size. Is that better than what you were able to
download?