Re: Ideas for gnome.org

On Sep 7, 2016, at 11:34 PM, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 8, 2016 at 7:15 AM, Nuritzi Sanchez
<nuritzis stanfordalumni org> wrote:
Provide a place for contributors to organize themselves
I don't really see that in the website. To me that's the wiki. Where
do you see that happening on the website?

gnome.org has links to the wiki in the footer, which I've taken to be meant for current contributors since
the footer link isn't obvious unless you know about the wiki / are looking for it. I typically access it by
going to gnome.org first.

Keep the community updated on important updates

I'd say our news updates are more external. Our main internal news
channels are the planet and foundation-list.

I guess I've seen it as the official voice of GNOME, meant for both external and internal audiences.

Access important information about the Foundation or Project

foundation.gnome.org redirects to gnome.org/foundation
Was it ever a separate website? If so, what was the rationale behind the move?

This I don't know. My guess is that we don't want to have too many websites. By condensing, we probably
increase our SEO and make it more likely for newcomers to find us and learn about the Foundation + the
project.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director