Re: Ideas for gnome.org

On 2016-09-06 18:03, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

I agree with Andreas, we had that solution before and it didn't really pan out.  It was huge relief to actually switch into wordpress at the time.

Well, gnomeweb-wml also had some very specific pain points, in particular it's build system, that other static generators necessary won't have.

Fabiana mentioned over lunch that gnome.org uses wordpress a bit backwards in places. Some parts that belongs in the content, are actually hardcoded in the theme, and some layout things, that should live in the theme, are done in the content. So it would probably be good to clean that up as part of a redesign of gnome.org, if we decide to remain with the current system.
- Andreas