Re: Feedback needed for gnome.org homepage redesign

Hello Bastian & Andreas,

Cool! this is only a little layout-related but I have some suggestions for the thumbnail there. I think the current thumbnail is too small to show off the GNOME user interface and describe the desktop properly.

My suggestion to solve that would be to let the screenshot take up the full width and overlay the text (see http://i.imgur.com/BKie4Om.png). Another approach which my be more favorable would be to frame the thumbnail inside something tangible like a laptop or a desktop monitor to convey the utility (http://i.imgur.com/iyBxRQb.png).

I really like both graphics! In the second one, it might be good to have the monitors grouped together in the center.
Also you may consider a compination of both graphics. A dark background with the monitors in the center, and the graphic with the apps in the "donation and get involved section" to separate the content. (Hmm maybe i have to visualise it)

How doable are these suggestions doable you think? anyone else got input on this?

No worries, It's a simple addition of a background image!

I have some more suggestions on the smaller details ( font sizes, padding, text) but if you want we can wait until a later iteration with that.

I totally agree. With the release of the new FoG pages, we will migrate to Bootstrap framework, so many small things might be broken.