Re: Some branding guidelines and historical info lost in migration

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 4:20 PM, Allan Day <aday gnome org> wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why the information on the origin of the logo type
is useful to someone using our logos. People shouldn't be modifying the
"GNOME" below the logo, and there's no requirement to use Bitstream Vera
Sans with the logo or wordmark.

I think the info about which font we used as a base is relevant for
people who want to use the logo (with wordmark) and then write
something that looks consistent with by using the same(ish) font. In
this case, it's also important to mention we don't use the font as it
is because people could be mislead then and just write GNOME
themselves and think they reached the same result as if they were
using the logo.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director