Re: Fwd: GNOME techonologies used by Mozilla

What's the point of having a long list that has many stuff not matching with Mozilla?
I am sorry, but this souds like too greedy to get Mozilla funds.

I am Gnome user and I was contributing to Gnome since 2007.
I would like to help as a mozillian if you can clearly mention why Mozilla should sponsor Gnome project.
If I am not wrong, there was a gnome prooject that funded by Mozilla.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 8:03 PM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
A couple of comments inline,

On Mon, 2015-10-26 at 21:05 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
> This is the list that Sahil has come up with.  Here is also what
> Mozilla thinks they depend on.
>
> https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Projects_in_use_by_Mozilla
>
> Again, we are not on it.  That's disappointing.
> sri

Those are two separate projects, and GIO is builtin to glib.

> gnomeVFS (Used in recent past and replaced with GIO - Bug 794772)
> DBus
> UPower
> GStreamer
> Grilo

They use grilo? Where?

> PulseAudio
> Wayland
> X11
> dconf
> gsettings
> Tracker

Where do they use tracker?

> NetworkManager
> gnome cvs

What do they use GNOME CVS for? We haven't had CVS repositories for 8
years.

if I am not wrong Mozilla use hg.

> Libsoup
> WebKitGTK+
> UPnP
> Avahi
> BlueZ
> Telepathy
> GeoClue
> Gjs

This is backwards. We use Mozilla's spidermonkey in gjs.