Re: Fwd: GNOME techonologies used by Mozilla

A couple of comments inline,

On Mon, 2015-10-26 at 21:05 +0000, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:
This is the list that Sahil has come up with.  Here is also what
Mozilla thinks they depend on.

https://wiki.mozilla.org/MOSS/Projects_in_use_by_Mozilla

Again, we are not on it.  That's disappointing.
sri

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: SAHIL SAREEN <sahil sareen hotmail com>
Date: Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 2:40 AM
Subject: GNOME techonologies used by Mozilla
To: sri ramkrishna me <sri ramkrishna me>

Hi Sri

I did some googling and found a lot of deps on gnome, please let me
know if you'd like me to look into more Mozilla projects, or how I
should be refining the results.

Mozilla projects scanned:
Firefox
Thunderbird
SeaMonkey
Gecko
mozilla-central
Chatzilla
comm-central

GNOME Technologies being used:
gtk3
glib(GObject, gmodule, gthread)
libxml
cairo
GIOAvahi

Those are two separate projects, and GIO is builtin to glib.

gnomeVFS (Used in recent past and replaced with GIO - Bug 794772)
DBus
UPower
GStreamer
Grilo

They use grilo? Where?

PulseAudio
Wayland
X11
dconf
gsettings
Tracker

Where do they use tracker?

NetworkManager
gnome cvs

What do they use GNOME CVS for? We haven't had CVS repositories for 8
years.

Libsoup
WebKitGTK+
UPnP
Avahi
BlueZ
Telepathy
GeoClue
Gjs

This is backwards. We use Mozilla's spidermonkey in gjs.

GDM
CUPS
GNOME Keyring

Reference:
GNOME Technologies: https://www.gnome.org/technologies/
Mozilla Custom Search: http://cse.google.com/cse?cx=00244314153411338
9537:ysdmevkkknw&cof=FORID:0&q=#gsc.tab=0

Thanks

---
Sahil Sareen
SDE, Amazon India