Re: Technologies Page for gnome.org

On Fri, 2015-10-16 at 14:55 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 12:04:02PM +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
..
I'm a bit confused as to why Apple's CUPS is on that list.
Am I missing anything that makes it particularly one of
"our technologies"?

Because it's what we use for printing?
I'm confused by your question.  Let me pretend it's a statement.

I think I see what you mean.  I guess I've read the page more as
what "GNOME" is rather than what it uses.  And I am not aware of
contributions of GNOME people to CUPS, so calling it GNOME technology
might be a bit over the top.  But I may very well be
corrected here.

People who have contributed to GNOME's printing stack (in GTK+, or in
the Printers panel, or even in system-config-printer which offers
backend services) have all contributed to CUPS, whether upstream or
downstream, and that even before CUPS was bought by Apple.

We're not claiming that we wrote the whole of the Linux kernel (also on
this page), but that we contributed, in the same way that we
contributed to CUPS.

HTH