Re: Technologies Page for gnome.org

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 12:04:02PM +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Tobias Mueller <muelli cryptobitch de> wrote:
..
I'm a bit confused as to why Apple's CUPS is on that list.
Am I missing anything that makes it particularly one of
"our technologies"?

Because it's what we use for printing?
I'm confused by your question.  Let me pretend it's a statement.

I think I see what you mean.  I guess I've read the page more as
what "GNOME" is rather than what it uses.  And I am not aware of
contributions of GNOME people to CUPS, so calling it GNOME technology
might be a bit over the top.  But I may very well be
corrected here.

Similarly, we also use Apache HTTPd for gnome-user-share,
but we wouldn't consider it "our technology", I guess.

Also:  The "Other" section appears a bit lost to me.
What about moving GDM and GNOME Keyring to the top?

The page is roughly organised in order of significance/interest: do
you think that GDM and the keyring are more interesting than the other
technologies?
No. But seeing those three items just seem to be a little lost
or displaced.
I think GDM is much closer to to X11 and Wayland than to
CUPS and GNOME Keyring ;-)

Cheers,
  Tobi