Re: Technologies Page for gnome.org

Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
Based on the v2 version, a few possible changes:
- Mention that GIO/gvfs allows access to files shared through SMB
(Windows), AppleTalk (MacOS X), Google docs (is that done yet?), and
number of mobile devices (MTP for Android, iOS).
- Mention Geoclue in the connectivity section
- Mention ModemManager under the NM section
- Mention Bluetooth headsets and speakers support in PulseAudio
- Mention hardware decoding under GStreamer
- Merge Rygel and UPnP entries as UPnP
- Mention grilo under multimedia
- Maybe mention fprintd as a way to access Fingerprint readers?

We should probably mention UPower as well. At the same level as udisks
or systemd?

Thanks for this, Bastien. I've made all of these changes, except for fprintd:

https://cloud.gnome.org/index.php/s/fOJAHitUkSdxH6N

The page is currently a bit long and hard to navigate. If I had a free
hand, I'd give it a more engaging way to browse, but this is the best
I could do with my (virtually nonexistent) web skills, and it seems
better than nothing.

Any more suggestions before I publish?