Re: Promoting our core applications

On Thu, 2015-06-18 at 16:55 +0100, Allan Day wrote:
Magdalen Berns <m berns thismagpie com> wrote:
Twitter management seems like quite a lot for one person. Why not
share the
load of managing it among a few people?

Twitter alone isn't too much work. I've managed the channel in the
past, and it was pretty easy.

Reasons to have one owner per channel:

 * you get a consistent voice across messages
 * the channel owner can schedule activity, to ensure regular
posting,
as well as coherence of the channel as a whole
 * it avoids errors, since one person has an overview of what has
been
posted (so you don't get multiple people posting the same message,
for
example)
 * because someone is maintaining the channel, they are able to reply
to questions and discussion
I agree with Allan abouting consistency in the tone & schedule of the
posts. That said, we would definitely love if one could reply to the
comments & @replies under one's own identity esp. if they encounter
some misconception or misinterpretation.

Parth
prth on irc://irc.freenode.net & irc://irc.gnome.org