Re: Promoting our core applications

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 7:30 AM, Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
I've now published the first blog post about our application development plans:

https://blogs.gnome.org/aday/2015/06/16/plans-for-gnomes-apps/

It would be great if members of the Engagement Team could circulate it
on our social media channels.

As far as I can tell, this hasn't happened, so I've taken it upon
myself to send a message from the GNOME Twitter feed. I'd still
appreciate it if anyone could circulate the story through the G+ and
Facebook pages.

I'm sorry, I'll see if I can find some time today to help out here.
Thanks for doing this! #teamfail

The last time we discussed the social media channels, it was my
understanding that we assigned a volunteer to take responsibility for
each one (Sri for Twitter, Oliver for Facebook, and Parth for G+). Did
I not understand that correctly, or have things simply fallen off a
bit?

Yes, that's right and I'm afraid that is somehow broken down.  You are
correct.  I've been trying to push off my responsibilities to others
because the day job has started to get a little hectic.  Let me see if
I can re-arrange things in my schedule such that I can take care of
the twitter things in the future by setting up some fixed times to do
outreach.