Re: Photo pledge, we need more photos from GNOME events

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Ekaterina Gerasimova <kittykat3756 gmail com> wrote:
On 06/02/2015, Rosanna Yuen <zana gnome org> wrote:
Is "taking official event photos" an available option when asking for travel sponsorship? If yes, it really needs to be advertised more. That would make it more unlikely that we would be missing crucial photos for the annual report.
It isn't at the moment, but I don't think we need to require people to take photos, especially as some may not be comfortable with the obligation, or to offer it as a reason for a sponsorship request. My experience is that there is generally plenty of people taking photos, but some of whom are not aware of the importance of using a suitable licence or tagging photos appropriately. I think that it is best practice for hackfest organisers to ask the hackfest attendees to blog and upload photos at the start of each hackfest. For example, you can find a whole bunch of GNOME.Asia 2014 photos at https://www.flickr.com/groups/gnomeasia2014/pool/ which are CC licensed.

Placing a well placed sign might help encourage folks to think about it.  Maybe a post GUADEC blog post and on social media might also be appropriate.

sri