Re: Problems about Apps/Template and Projects/Template

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Christian Hergert <christian hergert me> wrote:
I also find MoinMoin itself to be incredibly lacking.

That seems to be a widespread opinion. Can we put words on what it is
we dislike that much about MoinMoin? That would probably help finding
an alternative.

My personal
preference would be for us to migrate our wiki to something that will be
well supported for the next 10-15 years. Which likely means wiki
software written/maintained by wikimedia... But this is a substantial
amount of work.

Mediawiki is an awesome engine… if you're building an encyclopedia.
For anything else, it's not really that great.

Before we think about switching to anything, maybe we should take some
time to formalize what we're looking for?

--
Alexandre Franke