Re: Problems about Apps/Template and Projects/Template

On 12/04/2015 04:57 AM, Sébastien Wilmet wrote:
* Last, but not least, some projects don't follow the template. Closing
projects.gnome.org and moving the different web sites to the wiki was
meant to have more consistency and be able to edit the content more
easily and by more people. Christian didn't follow the template for
gnome-builder, to have something more appealing for the fundraiser. Then
other people have copied that. But the content is harder to edit, it
uses some advanced features of MoinMoin. And it is not consistent with
other projects pages.
Is it because the templates suck?

It's true that the templates were not up to the quality I wanted for my
fundraiser.

I also find MoinMoin itself to be incredibly lacking. My personal
preference would be for us to migrate our wiki to something that will be
well supported for the next 10-15 years. Which likely means wiki
software written/maintained by wikimedia... But this is a substantial
amount of work.

FWIW Builder is going to move it's primary landing page off of
wiki.gnome.org so we can do something more immersive.

-- Christian