Re: Keeping external resources updated

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 2:45 AM Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Thu, 2015-08-20 at 17:18 +0200, Ekaterina Gerasimova wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> there are a number of external resources about GNOME which are used
> by
> people for information. I am specifically thinking about the pages on
> Wikipedia here, but I'm sure that there is other stuff as well. It
> would look more professional if GNOME's public-facing resources are
> at
> least correct.
>
> Is the engagement team willing to maintain at least the most
> prominent
> of these resources? Would it help to have a list of them with
> frequencies on how often they should be checked?
>
> For example:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Foundation - had an old list of
> board members (fixed now) and doesn't have up-to-date information
> about the Foundation
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_GNOME_Project - is out of date
> (apparently next GUADEC is in A Coruña)
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNOME_Users_And_Developers_European_Con
> ference
> is… well, dull and outdated

Remember that it's best for people external to the core GNOME project
to update those (to avoid astro-turfing accusations), and make sure to
include external references when making updates (not only links to
gnome.org websites).

Yes, that's what I remember.. that we ourselves can't update it, but external contributors.  That's why I was suggesting Sumana or someone else so we don't get accused of putting our own agenda in the Wikipedia entry.

sri

Cheers