End-of-Year Fundraising?

Do we want to do an End-of-Year Fundaising campaign? If that is the
case I guess its about time to start plan for one.

An alternative would be to only focus on improvements [1] to the
general Friends of GNOME program, but I’m not sure that is a good
idea.

Personally speaking I rather see a campaign sooner than later as it
have been a very long time since our last campaign. One issue with a
End-of-Year Fundaising is that many other orgs have them, (so there is
a tough “competition” for people's money).

As for themes for our next Fundraising campaign, ideas that have been
brought up include a developer experience [2] and Web [3] (the GNOME
browser).

I must say recently I have become interested in what extra
infrastructure resources could bring us. Specifically I think many
developers would appreciate if we was finally able to update our
Bugzilla to a newer version (to me [4] it feels very outdated, but
then I’m also used to the updated version Mozilla are using), maybe
extra resources could help us there. There is a page [5] on our wiki
where we can write ideas.

I can see Fundraising as an agenda item on our upcoming team meeting
[6] next Wednesday.

1 https://wiki.gnome.org/Engagement/FriendsOfGNOME/HowWeCanImprove
2 https://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2012-August/msg00078.html
3 https://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2012-September/msg00053.html