Re: Friends of GNOME campaign

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 6:09 AM, Karen Sandler <karen gnome org> wrote:
>On Thu, August 16, 2 A bunch of us were talking also about a
>privacy/security campaign following Jake's talk at GUADEC (like
>specifically for adding OTR to empathy...) and I think that would be
>really awesome. I've been following up at finding partners for that too.

The idea of a privacy campaign is not bad but it is a question of timing.
Right now I feel as it would be a better idea to build on the excitement
around the GNOME OS effort.

I do not think that we should limit ourself to do just one FOG campaign
that target the GNOME OS effort, but have GNOME OS a "theme" in
upcoming campaigns.

One campaign could focus on get development hardware and another
could focus on collecting resources to kickstart the development of an
SDK. Then again it's become a question of timing. I guess that we would
need is information from developers what they feel is most needed right
now, hardware or extra resources to start developing an SDK.

Personally I would be more in favor of first doing an SDK campaign and then
a hardware campaign, what good do hardware do if there is no easy way to
develop applications that run on it.

--
-Mvh Oliver Propst