Re: Going to do an IAMA on Reddit

"One of the most popular subreddits is IAmA ("I Am A") where a user may post "AMAs" (for "Ask Me Anything"), or similarly "AMAAs" ( for "Ask Me Almost Anything") – prompts for others to ask questions about any topic. AMAs are open to all Reddit users, and use the site's comment system for both questions and answers; it is similar to a press conference, but online." - Wikipedia

I don't interact much on this mailing list and I apologise if I am speaking out of place but I would just like to voice my support for this initiative. This is a great forum medium for Q&A and the /r/Linux subreddit is a common ground for users from all distros and DEs. The 2014 /r/Linux user survey, conducted in April, shows Arch as the current most popular followed by Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, Fedora, Elementary OS. GNOME came out top for desktop environment usage beating KDE by about 200 users.

I am certain this AMA would be welcomed. The /r/Linux subreddit does not move very fast so I would suggest, as many have done in the past, spreading it out over a weekend. /r/Linux mods have also stickied important AMAs for their duration.

Thank you for listening.