Re: debconf planning

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:26 PM, Sriram Ramkrishna <sri ramkrishna me> wrote:

On Mar 14, 2014 4:57 AM, "Allan Day" <allanpday gmail com> wrote:

Good job on picking this up, Sri.

Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org> wrote:
FTR,

August 23-31, Portland:

http://debconf.org/

One obvious thing we could do is have someone propose a talk about
what GNOME offers. I have a personal commitment around then, but I be
happy to help write the talk.

The onus is probably on me to present a talk I think since I am local.  We
can talk about the contents and also see what possible questions might arise
that we should anticipate and answer.

The organizing committee are now accepting talks[1]. I will also
attend so I might be able to assist Sri.

Do we know if any ohter GNOME contributors will attend, maybe we
should create  a wiki page about the event? Its interesting to note
that Valve (the company behind SteamOS) are one of the sponsors[2].

1 http://bits.debian.org/2014/06/debconf14-cfp.html
2 http://debconf14.debconf.org/sponsors.xhtml

--
-mvh Oliver Propst