Re: 3.12 Release Promotion

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 11:00 , Allan Day <allanpday gmail com> wrote:
Does anyone have any other ideas for things we can do to promote the release?

We talked about doing some videos of GNOME 3.12 and its new features at the last engagement meeting. I am still up for doing this - I just need to find out the best way to install GNOME 3.12 onto a partition on my harddisk so I can boot into it with best performance possible for screen recording. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Fedora Rawhide right now, but right time I tried it wasn't very straight forward to install.

Also, if GNOME plan to have a presence at FOSS social networks such as Diaspora, I'll gladly take responsibility for getting the message out there. I think its important that we show our support on those platforms too, besides the conventional closed networks.

Bastian