Re: 3.12 Features

Hey Allan,

I'm overdue for sending a wayland status update. In short, I expect that we will get closer, but not quite ready for prime time in 3.12.
Too many pieces are still up in the air (waiting for libinput, many input handling things need to be implemented in gnome-shell when it becomes available, such as hot corner, pointer barriers, etc). I am still hopeful that we can get gdm to launch wayland sessions, which will make the 'try it out' experience much better - you just choose the wayland session on the login screen.