Re: Enterprise Engagement, at the distribution level...

Enterprise Engagement is a project that I'm working on focused around community outreach and collaboration with professional developers, start-ups and companies.  It's focus is on working with companies to optimize GNOME Shell as a tool they can use as a default desktop on their Linux/Unix workstations and encouraging the use of GNOME technologies in professional products.  The aim is to not only build a large thriving community of professional developers contributing to GNOME software but to build sponsorship opportunities for GNOME in terms of resources and finances.  My goal is to sign up a few hundred companies/start-ups/groups for this program.

The immediate goal of contacting the distributions is that they have direct access to professional/corporate end-users and for this project to succeed I'll need to work directly with their desktop teams.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net> wrote:
On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 11:19 -0400, Alex GS wrote:
> Either this week or next week I'm planning on sending a mass email to
> all the major distribution desktop mailing lists, 16 mailing lists in
> total, with a message introducing the Enterprise Engagement (EE)
> program and asking for volunteers to join the project. Ideally I would
> like to work with Engagement and do this as a team.  But if I don't
> get enough feedback from you guys I'll just have to go it alone.
>  Given the lack of response this seems likely. I can't keep on waiting
> forever to get this project started and at some point I have to put
> things into motion.
>

> Let's setup a time or at least discuss this topic before I send the
> email to the lists if you can...

If you could explain what you're trying to achieve, it would be useful
before emailing people on behalf of GNOME...