Purchasing a toll free international number for SIP conferences?

Since we have trouble to get a working free software voip solution for
meetings I have been thinking that maybe we should ask the foundation
board if they can consider buy [1] a toll free international number we
can use for making calls using SIP?

I'm no expert at how SIP work so anyone who has more knowledge about
the subject may correct me, come with suggestions on how to proceed,
but I hope the general idea is clear.

Feedback wanted.

1 http://www.avoxi.com/international-toll-free-numbers/

--