Re: Promo Video Storyboard: Feedback Wanted

On Sat, 2013-05-25 at 12:46 -0700, Sriram Ramkrishna wrote:

1) Why do you have an initial spark that disappears and then
reappears?  Is that some kind of attention grabber?
The idea was that the video started in a grey boring room. The initial
spark grabs the attention. You could also say that the grey room is the
current state of the user and that the initial spark is a symbol of
GNOME trying attempting to break through to the user.

2) I'm not sure I understand what "frog perspective" means?  So you
have shiny pieces coming from the initial spark and then they fall
against the camera?
Sorry, that's a term I translated from Danish with Google Translate...I
meant that the shiny pieces are falling, watched from a very low camera
angle. So yes, the pieces are falling against the camera.

The rest seems okay from my perspective.. but I'm dubious about the
intro.
Thank you for the feedback. I am currently working on setting up the
animation scene in Blender and will hopefully be able to show you a more
accurate mockup of the intro. I will also perform a brainstorm on how we
can otherwise create a good intro. Suggestions are always welcome, of
course! :-)