Re: Marketing Marketing

On Wed, June 26, 2013 6:34 am, Allan Day wrote:
Hi all,

We discussed this during yesterday's phone meeting. A few points that
stood out for me:

 * There were some concerns that "advocacy" sounds too political and
forceful
 * While there was some support for "promotion", it was also
recognised that this implies one-way communication, and that this
might not be the best fit for what we do (or what we aspire to)
 * "Outreach" has a life of its own beyond the existing marketing team

We clearly promote, engage, advocate and reach out, and each of these
terms describes *some* of what we do. As such, I think we need to be
focusing on which aspect of our work we want to emphasise. Based on
yesterday's conversation, I'm thinking that engagement is probably the
best fit, since it emphasises meaningful two-way conversation
(something which is close to our mission and our brand identity).

Is there something we can come up with an acronym? Like PEERs (promotion,
engagement, education, reaching out) or REPs (reach out,engage,promote).

Too hokey? Or is it bad that newcomers won't know what it means right away
(one of the nice things about reps).

I'm ok with engagement too :)

karen

Allan

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM, Oliver Propst <oliver propst gmail com>