Re: Revisiting rewards for the FoG campaigns

Hola,

On 09.04.2013 03:53, Karen Sandler wrote:
I'm not sure if zana is on the marketing-list, so I'm ccing her. I think
she may be able to shed some light on the history...
Maybe stormy knows, too?

I think people who "adopt a hacker" are really excited about
the postcard part. I think this happening within a month or two at most is
really important to keep them from feeling disappointed.
Okay. That makes things easier anyway.

We've seen
people get confused (and upset) when they notice that the donation
continues indefinitely, perhaps because the standard is just a year.
FWIW: We have 121 subscriptions, 50 of which are younger than a year,
leaving 71 which are older than a year. I interpret that as the people
being happy with the non-expiring subscriptions.

It's a big pain to get hold of that data though. And Paypal doesn't give
me the details used when the donors was checking out, like who she wants
to receive a postcard from.

That said, I'd love to send a gift to all of our subscribers that have
been with us for two years or more. Perhaps ebassi and muelli, together
with gpoo might be able to pool all the data to do this?

hm. As far as I've found out it's not possible to get the data straight
from Paypal (see above). And to only get the address, I'd have to click
at least twice for each subscription in Paypal's webinterface. I'm not
going to do that. In the special case of donors sticking for more than
two years, it might be feasible though as it's ~35 donors. I can send
you their details, if you want.

If we wanted to send postcards to everyone staying for longer than a
year, getting hold of the emails that Paypal sent and parsing them might
be an option. Rosanna might have an archive.

Cheers,
  Tobi