Re: Fwd: Good day - re: new direction for Cinnarch

So for Arch, I think they had 3.8 in unstable about a week after release or so.  So they move fairly quickly.  It took another two weeks to put it in staging.  So I would say even for a rolling release, you can get a functional desktop in about two weeks.  And then a real release in about a month.

sri

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM, Andreas Nilsson <lists andreasn se> wrote:
On 2013-04-12 12:13, Brett Legree wrote:
I suppose then, if I put on my "Hello, I am a new user potentially interested in GNOME" hat, I would arrive at the Getting GNOME page, and then maybe click around a bit, and figure out that there is no "really easy" way to get the latest and greatest GNOME 3.8 (that we're all so proud of)  onto my computer.
Yeah, that's definitely a bigger issue in itself.
In Cinnarch, does all of GNOME land in the same day, or is it similar to other rolling systems where GDM lands one day and say, gnome-session another?
That certainly affects the experience for our end users quite a bit and something we should consider as well.