Re: Fwd: Good day - re: new direction for Cinnarch

Ah yes, thanks Olav for clarifying.

Perhaps I am overly enthusiastic :)

I just figured I would put the idea up.

In any case, does anyone have any interest in a sort of "nice to point to rolling release distribution that uses GNOME as default"?

This could be one possibility, if it works out.

If not, no worries and Alexandre is obviously going to continue regardless.

Thanks - Brett

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 07:07:41AM -0400, Brett Legree wrote:
> I thought since a few GNOME users are using Arch that it might be
> interesting if this became "GNOME OS".

GNOME OS is not about creating or replacing distributions. It is more
like:
- providing an SDK
- being able to build GNOME on any distribution (ostree)
- being able to distribute/bundle your application and have it work
  across distributions (requiring kernel dbus, etc)

--
Regards,
Olav