Re: Release notes: dislike of 'Shell' name

On 09/03/2012 01:43 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
IMO I'd rather ignore that a component like gnome-shell exists when
writing the user documentation bits.

I'd rather talk about concepts and skip the implementation details,
meaning having categories such as:
- Lock Screen
- Overview Mode
- Top Panel (or whatever the thing is called)
   - more usage of app menu
   -
- General UI changes (gtk2+gtk3 stuff, theme updates, etc)
- Message Tray
- section per application names
   Only if something appears as an application in overview mode I'll use
   that (e.g. Disks, Files, Disk Usage Monitor, Image Viewer, etc). The
   internal name (nautilus) to me is meaningless for user bit of the
   release notes.
I don't object to this approach. I think you have a point.
- Andreas