Re: GNOME News - Progress and Plans

On Thu, Mar 01, 2012 at 05:37:15PM +0100, Dave Neary wrote:
On 03/01/2012 04:36 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
As long as it is on there within 24 hours, all is fine.

I don't understand.

Is this a requirement you'd like to suggest for the news site? That
all emails sent to announcement lists get syndicated to the main
GNOME news feed? Or are you just stating an expectation that you
have?

Currently http://news.gnome.org/ syndicates devel-announce-list and so
on. So people interested in GNOME development can just follow the
website and don't have to subscribe to a mailing list (high barrier).

"GNOME News" will replace the URL, so then our GNOME development news
needs a place somewhere.

I don't want to misunderstand you, so please do let me know if we've
got crossed wires. I definitely do not think that we should push all
announcement emails to the news site. Some announcements are news
(that is, relevant to people other than GNOME hackers), many are
not. And people who want to get the announcement emails have an easy
way to do it - subscribing to the announcement lists.

But that you only get people to know about development who take effort
to figure out that something like devel-announce-list exists.

The news site should provide a compelling reading experience to both
regular readers and casual readers. Can tell me where announcement
emails fit into that, please?

I find GNOME development mails interesting.

--
Regards,
Olav