Re: GNOME News - Progress and Plans

Hi,

On 03/01/2012 04:36 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
As long as it is on there within 24 hours, all is fine.

I don't understand.

Is this a requirement you'd like to suggest for the news site? That all emails sent to announcement lists get syndicated to the main GNOME news feed? Or are you just stating an expectation that you have?

I don't want to misunderstand you, so please do let me know if we've got crossed wires. I definitely do not think that we should push all announcement emails to the news site. Some announcements are news (that is, relevant to people other than GNOME hackers), many are not. And people who want to get the announcement emails have an easy way to do it - subscribing to the announcement lists.

The news site should provide a compelling reading experience to both regular readers and casual readers. Can tell me where announcement emails fit into that, please?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary