Re: happy birthday GNOME website!

Hi again,

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Juanjo Marín <juanjomarin96 yahoo es> wrote
Since version 2.0, we have release notes in

http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/

I think small memories will be enough (maybe in a table format) and Diego can write special reports for the
releases he mentioned (1.4, 2.0, 2.14, 3.0 and 3.4) in a mini tour in the life of the gnome project

I would use Wikipedia's table as a starting point for a "timeline".
I would add special mentions to 5 or 4 releases (the ones I am
proposing to focus).

2) [tentative] to provide VMs for the releases Diego want to focus (1.4, 2.0, 2.14, 3.0 and 3.4)
GNOME 1.4, Red Hat (done by Germán)
GNOME 2.0 ?
GNOME 2.14 Ubuntu 6.04
GNOME 3.0 OpenSUSE 11.4
GNOME 3.4  Fedora 17

Considering time, I would only use Germán's VM and say something like
"look how far we have come in all these years (as GNOME and as
GNU/Linux)"

I think Bastien Nocera has a collection of old icons.

Yeah. That would be cool. How would it work on the page however? A
small icon grid for fun? Andreas :)?