Re: Gnome Journal Moved!

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Bryen Yunashko <a11yrocks bryen com> wrote:

Not a critical question, just a curious one from a marketing and twxhnical perspective. Why is the move to WordPress.com considered a great thing.

It isn't the move to wordpress.com, but rather the content was moved to a wordpress instance.  We probably would have preferred it was on blogs.gnome.org but kudos for Emily to not wait and JFDI.  Now it should be trivial to move it to GNOME's wordpress and then finally get GNOME Journal on the same page as everyone else.

Seems we would give up a significant amount of capabilities given that hosted WordPress has less functionality than hiring your own WordPress instance.

It will all move to GNOME as soon as I figure out how.

best,
sri