Annual Report and Marketing Hackfest

Marketing Team:

There has not been much discussion about the Annual Report[1]
recently.  The last time was about a month ago when Juanjo MarĂ­n
suggested content[2].  The Annual Report Group Wiki[3] has not
been updated since 2008.  There is an outline for the report,
but it seems only one article has been written.[4]  As the year is
reaching the end, I think we should be further along.

There has been discussion about having a Marketing hackfest[5].  If
the hackfest were held in Brno over February 17-21, would that be too
late to plan to put the finishing touches on the report and start
distribution?

The board is currently talking with the Brno organizers about making
space available for additional hackfests.  There may be some
collaborative benefit in working on the Annual Report at the same
location as the Docs Hackfest.  Though, if the Marketing Team wanted
to organize a hackfest at a different date/location, that might also
be worth considering.  Especially if people think an earlier hackfest
might better benefit projects like the Annual Report.

It would be great if people working on the Annual Report could provide
an update.  Do we need help getting people to write content?

Brian

[1]
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/marketing-list/2011-October/msg00015.html
[2]