Fedora 15 Release

Hi all,

Fedora 15 is scheduled for release on May 24th. That's roughly three and
a half weeks from now. This will be the first release of a distro using
GNOME 3 by default. In some respects, it is the real launch of GNOME 3
(in the sense that a usable product is being made available).

We put a lot of work and energy into marketing the 3.0 release, but the
effort to promote GNOME 3 shouldn't stop there. And the upcoming Fedora
release is already proving contentious for some GNOME users.

We need to remind people of what's cool about GNOME 3. Do people have
ideas for how we should do that? I'm sure we can use our microblogging
feeds. Could we also produce some new GNOME 3 marketing materials? A
features leaflet could be nice, for instance.

The other thing we can do is provide resources for people who are new to
GNOME 3. A printable GNOME 3 cheat sheet has been discussed in the past,
and some initial work has been done on it [1]. We need someone with
graphics skills to step in there. Any volunteers?

I'm sure there are other things we could do to help users though. What
about online events such as user days? Any other ideas?

Allan

[1]
http://gitorious.org/gnome-design/gnome-design/trees/master/promo/cheatsheet
--