Re: Fedora 15 Release

Hi,

Allan Day wrote:
We need to remind people of what's cool about GNOME 3. Do people have
ideas for how we should do that? I'm sure we can use our microblogging
feeds. Could we also produce some new GNOME 3 marketing materials? A
features leaflet could be nice, for instance.

For a start, I'm sure the Fedora guys would love to highlight GNOME 3
with our help. Re-running & pointing to GNOME 3 materials from Fedora
articles will be a great start.

The best people to contact about Fedora promotion are Robyn Bergeron
(current marketing team lead), and Paul Frields (because he's been
around for so long, he knows all the people involved).

Ensuring that GNOME 3 is presented in a positive light in Fedora release
materials will go a long way.

I agree that a features leaflet would be nice. Which features would you
like to highlight?

I'm sure there are other things we could do to help users though. What
about online events such as user days? Any other ideas?

I think the key, given that it's a Fedora release, is to ensure that
we're fitting into the way Fedora does releases.

In addition, something like user days to help educate new GNOME 3 users
who get it through Fedora would be useful.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary