Re: GNOME 3.0 parties - photo gallery and Photo competition ?

Emily Chen wrote:
2011/3/18 Allan Day <allanpday gmail com>
        On Tue, 2011-03-15 at 12:31 +0800, Emily Chen wrote:

        > 2011/3/12 Frederic Crozat <fred crozat net>
        >         On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Emily Chen
        >         <emilychen522 gmail com> wrote:
        >         > For Best Photo Competition, in my mind, it is easy
        to do if
        >         we choose one
        >         > photo tools, like picasa or flickr.
        >         >
        >         > For example, let's say we will have a photo set
        called
        >         "GNOME 3.0 Launch
        >         > Party" , everyone can view and vote on each
        photos.
        >         >
        >         > Is there better tools for Best Photo Competition?
        Anyone can
        >         suggest ?
        >

        >         I have to agree regarding Flickr 'group' as a tool
        to do photo
        >         contest. We used it several time for "Photographic
        background
        >         contest"
        >         when I was working at Mdv.
        >         I also have a small C program to download all photo
        from a
        >         set, which
        >         can help to do selection locally.
        >
        > Thanks for offering. People will be interested to use your
        tool to
        > download all photos locally.
        >
        > For the best photo, I am thinking the best way should be
        on-line.  The
        > most visited photo ? Do we officially create a set for Best
        photo, can
        > we share the account to upload photos ?

        I've started a page with rules for the competition. Please
        check it over
        and let me know what you think. :)

        http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/LaunchParty/PhotoCompetition

Hi Allan,

That's great.

I edit the wiki to add a table, for people to update their photo links
on wiki. They also need to send us by email as well.

After we finalized the draft, can we announce it on www.gnome.org or
www.gnome3.org sometime?

Yes, of course! I'm happy to announce. Fancy writing a blog post about
it?! (Tell me if you're not - I can announce anyway.)

Blog: http://afaikblog.wordpress.com/
IRC: aday on irc.gnome.org