Re: GNOME 3 videos

On Sat, 5 Mar 2011, Jason D. Clinton wrote:

On Sat, Mar 5, 2011 at 16:07, will kahn-greene <willg bluesock org> wrote:

http://bluesock.org/~willg/test/gmc.html

This is the source that I see at that link which is missing the html5
force parameter:

<iframe class="youtube-player" width="560" height="349"
src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ok100U4Fo3Y?rel=0"; frameborder="0"
type="text/html"></iframe>

Additionally, I tested in to my Xoom and it played there in WebM, even
without the force parameter.

Awesome--that does work. I had gone to the html5 vesion on YouTube and grabbed the embed code from that page figuring that was the correct embed code, but apparently it's not!

So, I can get this to work in GMC. The minor problem is that since YouTube is not putting out this code in the RSS feed, we'll have to add all the videos by hand which is a minor pain in the ass. But at least it's doable.

/will