Re: GNOME 3 videos

On 03/05/2011 03:19 PM, Sumana Harihareswara wrote:

Our YouTube account is http://www.youtube.com/user/GNOMEDesktop and
Bryen and (probably) Stormy have the login via video gnome org   Also,
we're part of the YouTube nonprofit program.  YouTube power users: do
you know how to force HTML5 mode in YouTube?

This last bit is kind of important.  The last time I checked, you
couldn't access the html5/webm version of YouTube without an account and
without being logged in.

If that's still the case, then I can't do the html5/webm versions on
GNOME Miro Community.  Also, GNOME Miro Community will be looking at
different versions of the videos and thus I'm pretty sure we'll have to
do subtitle stuff for both the webm and the non-webm versions of the video.

If we don't want to use GNOME Miro Community for GNOME3 videos, that's
totally fine with me, but I'd rather know now rather than later so I
don't throw a lot of work into GMC right now for no good reason.

/will