Re: GNOME 3 DVDs

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 19:32 +0200, Patrick Fey wrote:

Bryen,

Am 07.04.2011 19:22, schrieb Bryen M Yunashko:
As I recall, the Ship-it Program sent individual CDs to requesters.
That's not the same issue as what Diego is raising, where shipments in
bulk get flagged by customs because they're seen as shipping commercial
goods for resale.

Canonical also sent out large batches of CDs on request. While I was at
Hamburg university, Canonical would send us large shipments of 64bit CDs
of their new release every October to hand out at our o-week. I have no
idea how Canonical got these through customs, though.

Cheers!

:-) Patrick
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

Okay so I stand corrected on the assumption of how the Ship-it Program
worked.  :-)   But as openSUSE is donating the DVDs and has experience
in shipping worldwide, I think it would be useful to first ask the donor
how they did/do it and to work out some logistics like Jos suggested in
this thread by splitting up locations where to ship to and reduce
customs overhead there.

Bryen