Re: Packets for Local User Groups

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Larry Cafiero <larry cafiero gmail com> wrote:

I'd be glad to help GNOME get this started, since I am responsible for distributing Fedora swag to ambassadors in the US West Coast states and have a pretty good idea how to move stuff around.

That would be great.

But before I do -- and since my activity with GNOME is limited only to being the temporary keeper of the event box -- I am curious: Is there an Ubuntu LoCo or Fedora Ambassador equivalent in GNOME?

No. We have local user groups which have not gotten much press or attention lately. We are also starting an Ambassadors program which sounds more like public speaking but could include some of this.

PS -- I'm assuming, too, that the event box is going to Utah Open Source Conference in October, true?

I don't know if Christer is doing that again or not.

I thought there was also a group planning a booth at the Ohio LinuxFest.

Stormy