Re: Marketing Hackfest feedback

Hi Bharat,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 9:21 PM, Bharat Kapoor <3 kapoor gmail com> wrote:

Goals:

Meet with local government to create long term partnership
My comments:
  • I see the agenda more in terms of presentations, will this lead to a long term engagement
    • What is our goal from this engagement - do we want a long term one and if so how do we convey that.
  • Can we dig a little into their motivations before we even show up in Spain - happy to take the lead if you can put me in touch with the right contact (or I can dig)
    • Do they want Gnome - where, how and why

There's two events here.

One is the marketing hackfest which is Tues-Thursday. The other is the government and local user outreach event which is on Friday.

Meet with local users
  • Should we use this opportunity to develop these users (not developers) into our cheerleaders
  • And then this pilot can be scaled to other hackfests & conferences
  • I feel this could enhance your vision of getting users involved (from donations to any other engagement)
  • How - I have no clue?
  • Is this even our goal or am I on a different tangent?

I agree with Juanjo that probably the best use from a GNOME/marketing perspective would be to get some awesome case studies.

Stormy